Wednesday 20 April 2016

Spring in My Step as Bluebells Bloom

A Lazy Week
Having returned yesterday from a week touring NW Scotland driving a motorhome, eating and drinking too much and doing very little exercise I knew I must get out this morning.

Today's Run (12/04/2016)
Still building and taking care of my errant Achilles, I planned 5 cycles of 7 mins run with 1 min walk intervals which would be around 6km. As I'm getting a bit further now I planned a rough route rather than making it up as I went.

A satisfying outing, the route took me away from home and to the far side of Bramhall Park, a local park with a challenging 5k Parkrun which I'll include in my training later. The high path at the back of the Park is coming to life with green appearing on the woodland floor and a treat in the form of Bluebells blooming under the trees. With birdsong in the air it feels at last as if spring is arriving.

Pleased with my performance, I didn't feel too taxed, demonstrated fast recovery and, most important, no Achilles pain. Even with walk and run I'm currently projected 1:05 for 10km.

Training Continues
Over the next couple of weeks the intention is 3 activities per week of 35-40 minutes continuing to reduce the walk interval and including some Parkruns.

You Heroes
I know how lucky I am to have a pleasant area to train in with wide roads, varied estates, parks and paths and as my distance increases beyond 6km I'll be out in the countryside. I am full of admiration for those who get themselves out there in congested and industrial areas, you are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment